Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai
GEC campus Sejbahar, Raipur 492015, Chhattisgarh
Advertisement No. IITBh/2017/Rec/FA/1
IIT Bhilai is an institute of national importance declared as such under the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act 2016 to provide for
education and research in various branches of engineering, technology, science and arts.
IIT Bhilai invites applications from Indian nationals including Persons of Indian Origins (PIOs) and Overseas
Citizens of India (OCIs), and Foreign Nationals to the posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor at IIT Bhilai (www.iitbhilai.ac.in) from exceptionally bright
and highly motivated candidates with an established record of independent, high quality research and commitment to teaching in the departments of Computer Science and Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Liberal Arts, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. Foreign national here means a person who does not have either an Indian passport, or
a PIO/OCI card. Foreign nationals can be offered contractual appointment for up to five years. The appointment can be renewed thereafter.
The Institute provides support to cover relocation expenses for a new faculty member and provides significant startup
research grant. In addition, the Institute provides Cumulative Professional Development Allowance (CPDA) of Rs. 3
lakhs for every block of 3 years to meet the expenses for participating in international and national conferences and
paying the membership fee of various professional bodies and contingent expenses. The faculty and their families are
covered by an attractive Contributory Health Services Scheme.
Description of posts and required qualifications
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Pay in Pay Band 3 (Rs.15600-39100) with AGP of Rs. 8000.00 (pre-revised) (or AGP of Rs. 7000.00 (pre-revised)
for those appointed on contract basis) for direct recruits, minimum pay in the PB-3 to be fixed at 30000.00 plus applicable allowances.
- Qualification: The candidate must have Ph.D. in a relevant area with first class or equivalent grades at the preceding degree and with consistently good academic record.
- Experience: For a fresh Ph.D., the position will be on contract basis for the first three years, and will be regularized afterwards as per the applicable procedure and subject to performance evaluation. For those with three or more years of teaching/research/industrial experience regular appointment can be made.
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR:
Pay in Pay Band 4 (Rs.37400-67000) with AGP of Rs. 9500.00 (pre-revised) for direct recruits,
minimum pay in the PB-4 to be fixed at 42800.00 plus applicable allowances.
- Qualification:The candidate must have Ph.D. in a relevant area with consistently good academic record.
- Experience: A minimum of six years teaching/research/professional experience of which 3 years should be at the level of
Assistant Professor, Senior Scientific Officer/Senior Engineer in a research organization or industry as on the date of application.
Candidates should be preferably below 45 years of age.
Pay in Pay Band 4 (Rs.37400-67000) with AGP of Rs.10500.00 (pre-revised) for direct recruits, minimum pay in the
pay Band will be fixed at Rs.48000.00 plus applicable allowances.
- Qualification: The candidate must have Ph.D. in a relevant area with consistently good academic record.
- Experience: A minimum of ten years teaching/research/professional experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of
Associate Professor in a research organization or industry, as on the date of application. The candidate should have demonstrated leadership in research in a specific
area of specialization in terms of guidance of M.Tech. and Ph.D. students, and have a strong record of sponsored research, publications in reputed journals and referred
conferences, patents, laboratory/course development and other recognized relevant professional activities.
Candidates should be preferably below 55 years of age.
- 1. The pay carries all other allowances as admissible to a Central Government employee.
- 2. The benefits, such as HRA (if Housing not provided), LTC, Medical re-imbursement, transportation allowance, education allowance for children, contribution towards New Pension Scheme (NPS), re-imbursement of limited Telephone expenses, Research initiation grant, financial support towards National and International conferences etc.
shall be permitted as per the Institute norms.
- 3. Women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- 4. If a candidate is interested in applying to more than one department, she/he should submit separate application for each of the department of interest.
- 5. This is a standing advertisement. Applications will be accepted throughout the year, and will be taken up for screening for interview from time to time.
- 6. Recruitment will be based on the need in given areas within the department.
- 7. The institute reserves the right to fill or not fill any or all of the advertised posts.
- 8. Mere fulfillment of the qualifications and experience requirement does not entitle the candidate to be called for an interview.
- 9. Applicants who are employed in Government, Semi-Government Organizations, autonomous bodies, PSUs will be required to produce a "NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE" including a vigilance clearance and disciplinary clearance from their employer at the time of the interview.
Particulars of specializations required in each department
- Chemistry: All areas
- Computer Science and Engineering: All areas
- Electrical Engineering: All areas
- Liberal Arts: Applied Areas of Liberal Arts, including but not limiting to Cultural Studies, Ethics, Economics, and English
- Mathematics: All areas
- Mechanical Engineering: All areas
- Physics: All areas
Note: IIT Bhilai reserves the right to focus on specific areas for its recruitments.