Title of the project: Massive Multi-access to provide UHD Quality Video and real time data Delivery from a Connected Mobile Ambulance and its Extension to Other Disaster Recovery Scenario.
- 1. Name of the position: Research Associate (RA-I)
- 2. Number of Positions: 01
- 3. Last date of Application: The application must reach the PI, Dr. Arzad Alam Kherani, by Monday, 13th January 2020 (before 5.00 pm)
- 4. Salary (p.m.): Rs. 47,000 + 16% HRA
- 5. Duration of Position: Initial appointment will be given for nine months and is extendable on performance till the project completion (total project duration is 3 years).
- 6. Essential qualifications: Ph.D. or equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching and development experience after ME/MTech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Index (SCI) journal.
- 7. Age limit: 40 years
- 8. Desirable: 1) Have hands on experience in Raspberry Pi.
2) Expertise in Python scripting and network programming using Python.
3) Expertise in web cam video streaming and it’s networking.
4) Knowledge of web-app development is desirable.
5) Working knowledge of STUN/TURN and other NAT Traversal approaches is desirable.
6) Preference will be given to candidates having JRF-NET/GATE and working experience relevant to the project.
- 9. Objective of the project: Overall objective of the project is to be able to design, develop and deploy a smart ambulance solution where live data (including image, audio and video) is streamed using multiple uplink cellular connections. The remote center requires to aggregate the multiple data stream, have a dash-board to identify the live ambulances and their locations, be able to direct the ambulance appropriately. The solution is proposed to be deployed and tested on commercially available ambulances of our validation partner.
- 10. How to apply: Interested candidates must apply on the application form attached with this advertisement. Duly completed application form along with candidate’s detailed CV must be mailed or emailed to the PI, Dr. Arzad Alam Kherani at firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach him by Monday, 13th January 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and no TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay. The positions are available immediately.
- 11. Date and venue of interview: 29th January, 2020 at 10:00 hrs at IIT Bhilai. At the time of interview candidates are requested to bring two copies of complete application materials and all originals of the testimonials for verification.
- 12. Condition: i) No TA/DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview.
ii) The PI shall not be responsible for postal / courier delay, if any, or any other reason for non-receipt of the document at the specified time and will result in disqualification/rejection of the application.
iii) The decision of the selection committee will be final.
iv) If the number of shortlisted candidates called for the interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
v) The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the Institute/ funding agency particularly applicable to the said project as and when required.
vi) The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
vii) The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
- Please feel free to contact me in case of any query (Principal Investigator): Dr. Arzad Alam Kherani,
Room B-206, Department of EECS,
IIT Bhilai, GEC Campus, Sejbahar,
Raipur, Chhattisgarh- 492015