Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the position of ‘Project Assistant’ in a SERB research project with following details:
- Title of the project: Development of High Compression Ratio (HCR) CI Engine fuelled with Second Generation Bio-ethanol
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Pravesh Chandra Shukla, Assistant Professor, Room 206, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bhilai, GEC Campus, Sejbahar, Raipur, Chhattisgarh- 492015 (+91-7712551300 (extn: 6115)/8349523224 (mob); email: email@example.com; web: https://www.iitbhilai.ac.in/index.php?pid=pravesh).
- Name of the position: Project Assistant (at the level of JRF)
- Number of Positions: 01
- Essential qualifications: BE/BTech or ME/MTech (or equivalent Degree) in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering from a recognized institute/university or statutory body OR equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10); For SC/ST category, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate score (6.0 grade points on a scale of 10).
- Desirable: Preference will be given to candidates working experience relevant to the project.
Candidates with expertise in one or more of the followings are strongly encouraged to apply:
1. Experience in engine experiments
2. Instrumentation and MATLAB Programming
3. Fuel Characterization
- Salary: Rs. 31,000/- per month (consolidated)
- Duration: Two years or up to the termination of the project, subject to annual performance review.
- How to apply: Interested candidates must apply on the application form attached with this advertisement. Duly completed application form along with candidate’s detailed CV must be mailed or emailed to the PI, Dr. Pravesh Chandra Shukla at firstname.lastname@example.org as to reach him by Friday, 24th January 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and no TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay. The position is available immediately.
- Due date: The application must reach the PI, Dr. Pravesh Chandra Shukla, by Friday, 24th January 2020 (on or before 5.00 pm).
- "The last date for the application has been extended till 31st January 2020. Please note that the maximum age limit for the application is 30 years (as on 31/01/2020). Age relaxation to SC/ST/OBC candidates as per GOI norms."
i) No TA/DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview.
ii) The PI shall not be responsible for postal / courier delay, if any, or any other reason for non-receipt of the document at the specified time and will result in disqualification/rejection of the application.
iii) The decision of the selection committee will be final.
iv) If the number of shortlisted candidates called for the interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
v) The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the Institute/ funding agency particularly applicable to the said project as and when required.
vi) The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
vii) The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.