Dr. Anuj Jakhar
Department of Mathematics
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bhilai
Research InterestBroad Area: Commutative Algebra, Algebraic Number Theory, Valuation Theory.
Specific topics of my interest:
- Discriminant, Integral basis and Monogenity of algebraic number fields
- Factors of a polynomial (Polynomial factorization)
- Integrally closed domains, Prolongations of a valuation
- Assistant Professor: Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai, Raipur
August 2020-Till date
- Postdoc Fellow: The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
July 2018-August 2020
- Ph.D.: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali
August 2014-May 2018
- BS-MS dual degree: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali
August 2009-May 2014
- MA616, Algebraic Number Theory
IIT Bhilai, 2021-22(W).
- MA502, Modern Algebra
IIT Bhilai, 2021-22(W).
- IC202, Calculus II
IIT Bhilai (two times).
- MA505, Complex Analysis
IIT Bhilai, 2020-21(M).
Awards / Honours
- NBHM Grant Rs. 3 Lakhs for attending ICM 2018 at Rio de Janeiro (2018).
- Selected for NBHM postdoctoral fellowship, 2018 (Not availed).
- Romberg grant for attending HLF, Germany (2018), Heidelberg University.
- IISER Mohali Alumni Association Leadership and Outreach Award (2018).
- SERB-DST international travel grant (2017).
- Selected for NBHM Ph.D. fellowship, 2014 (Not availed).
- International travel grant for attending HLF (2014 & 2018) by Heidelberg Laureate Forum Foundation.
- Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) fellowship (2009-2014).
- On Integral basis of pure number fields, (with S. K. Khanduja, N. Sangwan),
Mathematika, 67 (2021) 187–195.
- On the irreducible factors of a polynomial II (with K. Srinivas),
Journal of Algebra, 556 (2020) 649-655.
- On the irreducible factors of a polynomial,
Proceedings of American Mathematical Society, 148 (2020) 1429-1437.
- On the factors of a polynomial,
Bulletin of London Mathematical Society, 52 (2020) 158-160.
- On the index of an algebraic integer and beyond (with S. K. Khanduja),
Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 224 (2020) 106281.
- Some results for the irreducibility of truncated binomial expansions (with N. Sangwan),
Journal of Number Theory, 192 (2018) 143–149.
- On compositum of integral closures of valuation rings (with S.K. Khanduja, N. Sangwan),
Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 222(11) (2018) 3560-3565.
- On integrally closed simple extensions of valuation rings(with S.K. Khanduja, N. Sangwan),
Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 222 (2018) 889-899.
- Discriminant of pure squarefree degree number fields(with S.K. Khanduja, N. Sangwan),
Acta Arithmetica, 181 (2017) 287-296.
- On prime divisors of the index of an algebraic integer (with S. K. Khanduja, N. Sangwan),
Journal of Number Theory, 166 (2016) 47–61.
For complete list of publications, please click here.