Arzad Alam Kherani
Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Indian Institute of Technology, Bhilai
Also, Adjunct Faculty with Bharti School of Telecommunication Technology and Management, IIT Delhi.
Tel: +91 9741987453
Areas of Interest
- I have worked on broad areas of Computer networks, Queueing systems, Wireless communications. I have also worked for industry for a decade and gained experience with product conceptualization, product design and development, industrial R&D and standardization.
- Massive Uplink Multi-path for UHD Video Delivery in Mobile Systems: Ongoing. Sponsored by IMPRINT-IIC and Rx eHealth Enablers Pvt. Ltd.
- Massive Multi-access for real time data over 5G systems. Sponsored by ABB Research, Bangalore. Completed.
- Techniques for Improving Success Rates of Recto-Vaginal Artificial Insemination. A project sponsored by VPhore Labs Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore. Completed.
- Certification in Data Science. Course delivered for Eckovation Solutions Pvt. Ltd. More details here
- Development of a data acquisition and processing system for Artificial Insemination prediction in remotely located dairy farm cows. sponsored by AgVerse Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore. Ongoing.
- As Adjunct Faculty with IIT Delhi, contributing to the development of the "Indigenous 5G Testbed Project". More details here
Internship OpportunityInternship opportunity is available throughout the year for various projects (existing, future). Please send me an email with subject "Internship Application: Your Name". Students with EE/CSE/ECE/IT background can apply.
- PhD, 2003, Indian Institute of Science
- ME, 1999, Indian Institute of Science
- March-July 2003: Post doctoral fellow at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai India.
- July 2003-July 2005: Post doctoral fellow at Institute National de Recherche en Informatique et Automatique (INRIA), Sophia-Antipolis, France.
- July 2005-Sept 2007: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Delhi, New Delhi, India.
- Sept 2007-Dec 2009: Senior Researcher, Vehicle Communications and Information Management Group, General Motors India Science Lab., Bangalore, India
- Dec 2009-Nov 2013: Principal Design Engineer, Broadcom Corporation (as part of acquisition of Beceem Communications Pvt. Ltd.), Bangalore, India.
- Dec 2013-July 2016: Principal Engineer, Samsung R&D Institute India, Bangalore, India
- Aug 2016–Oct 2017: Principal Design Engineer, Hubble Connected India Pvt Ltd., Bangalore, India
- (E. Altman, K. E. Avrachenkov A. A. Kherani and B. J. Prabhu) Comparative Study of different adaptive window protocols, Special Issue of Telecommunication Systems devoted to High Speed Transport Protocols, 2005.
- (A. A. Kherani) A Direct Approach to Sojourn Times in a Busy Period of an M/M/1 Queue, Queueing Systems (QUESTA) 53, no. 3 (2006): 159-169.
- (A. A. Kherani) Asymptotic properties of sojourn times in multi-class time shared systems Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences 22, no. 02 (2008): 231-259.
- (A. A. Kherani) Sojourn Times in (Discrete) Time Shared Systems and their Continuous Time Limits Queueing Systems 60, no. 3-4 (2008): 171-191.
- (A. A. Kherani and A. Rao) Performance of Node-Eviction Schemes in Vehicular Networks Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on 59, no. 2 (2010): 550-558.
- (M. Ghosh, A. Varghese, A. Kherani, A. Gupta, and Muthaiah S). Misbehavior Detection Scheme with Integrated Root Cause Detection in VANET. Ad Hoc Networks 8, no. 7 (2010): 778-790