R Jose Immanuel
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai
Office: 206, Academic Block, IIT Bhilai
Tel: +91 9600983877
Areas of Interest
- Material processing for enhanced performance
- Light weight alloys
- Composite materials
- Advanced materials for extreme environment
- Development of novel material
- Severe Plastic Deformation
- Additive Manufacturing
- Conventional casting
- Other thermo-mechanical routes
- Structure-Property-Manufacturablity Correlationship
- Microstructural characterisation
- Crystallographic texture
- Deformation behavior
- Tribological performance
- Machinability and formability
- Macro and micro domains
- M.S. & Ph.D., 2017, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, TN, India
- B.E., 2012, University College of Engineering Panruti (Anna University), TN, India
- March 2018 - till date, Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai, CG, India
- September 2017 - March 2018, Post-Doctoral Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology Madras, TN, India
- March 2017 - September 2017, Institute Pre-Doctoral Fellow at Indian Institute of Technology Madras, TN, India
Awards & Recognitions
- CSIR Senior Research Associate Fellowship (Not availed), 2018
- Sri R Krishnamurthy Endowment Award for best Ph.D. project in the area of Surface Engineering, Tribology, Advanced Materials – composites, coatings and treatments for the year 2017, IIT Madras
- Institute Pre-doctoral Fellowship in IIT Madras, 2017
- I Jaseem, P. Nageswara Rao, R.J. Immanuel, F. Khan MD, S.K. Panigrahi and M. Kamaraj, Synergetic effect of cryorolling and post-roll aging on simultaneous increase in wear resistance and mechanical properties of an Al-Cu alloy , Journal of Tribology (ASME), 2018.
- R.J. Immanuel, S.K. Panigrahi, Deformation Behaviour of Ultrafine Grained A356 Material Processed by Cryorolling and Development of Johnson–Cook Model , Materials Science and Engineering: A (Elsevier) vol. 712, 2018, pp. 747-756.
- R.J. Immanuel, S.K. Panigrahi, G. Racineux and S. Marya, Investigation on the crashworthiness of ultrafine grained A356 sheets and validation of Hall-Petch relationship at high strain-rate deformation , Materials Science and Engineering: A (Elsevier), vol. 701, 2017, pp. 226–236.
- R. J. Immanuel and S. K. Panigrahi, Influence of initial microstructure on the microstructural stability and mechanical behavior of cryorolled A356 alloy subjected to annealing , Metallurgical and Materials Transaction: A (Springer), vol. 48A, 2017, pp. 3852–3868.
- S. Meenia, F. Khan MD, S. Babu, R. J. Immanuel, S. K. Panigrahi, and G. D. Janaki Ram, Particle refinement and fine-grain formation leading to enhanced mechanical behaviour in a hypo-eutectic Al–Si alloy subjected to multi-pass friction stir processing , Materials Characterization (Elsevier), vol. 113, 2016, pp. 134–143.