R Jose Immanuel
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai
Office: 206, Academic Block, IIT Bhilai
Phone: 0771-2551300 (Extn No. 6125)
Areas of Interest
- Material processing for enhanced performance
- Light weight alloys
- Composite materials
- Advanced materials for extreme environment
- Development of novel material
- Severe Plastic Deformation
- Additive Manufacturing
- Conventional casting
- Other thermo-mechanical routes
- Structure-Property-Manufacturablity Correlationship
- Microstructural characterisation
- Crystallographic texture
- Deformation behavior
- Tribological performance
- Machinability and formability
- Macro and micro domains
- M.S. & Ph.D., 2017, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, TN, India
- B.E., 2012, University College of Engineering Panruti (Anna University), TN, India
- March 2018 - till date, Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai, CG, India
- September 2017 - March 2018, Post-Doctoral Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology Madras, TN, India
- March 2017 - September 2017, Institute Pre-Doctoral Fellow at Indian Institute of Technology Madras, TN, India
Awards & Recognitions
- Young Scientist award in the domain of Materials and Manufacturing under Engineering discipline, Venus International Research Awards, Annual Research Meet, 2018. (More info)
- Senior Research Associate Fellowship (Not availed) from CSIR, 2018
- Sri R Krishnamurthy Endowment Award for best Ph.D. project in the area of Surface Engineering, Tribology, Advanced Materials – composites, coatings and treatments for the year 2017, IIT Madras
- Institute Pre-doctoral Fellowship in IIT Madras, 2017
- G. Dan Sathiaraj, Werner Skrotzki, Aurimas Pukenas, Rolf Schaarschuch, R. Jose Immanuel, S.K. Panigrahi, J. Arout Chelvane and S.S. Satheesh Kumar, Effect of annealing on the microstructure and texture of cold rolled CrCoNi medium-entropy alloy , Intermetallics, Vol. 101, 2018, pp. 87-98.
- I Jaseem, P. Nageswara Rao, R.J. Immanuel, F. Khan MD, S.K. Panigrahi and M. Kamaraj, Synergetic effect of cryorolling and post-roll aging on simultaneous increase in wear resistance and mechanical properties of an Al-Cu alloy , Journal of Tribology (ASME), Vol. 140(6), 061607, 2018.
- R.J. Immanuel, S.K. Panigrahi, Deformation Behaviour of Ultrafine Grained A356 Material Processed by Cryorolling and Development of Johnson–Cook Model , Materials Science and Engineering: A (Elsevier) vol. 712, 2018, pp. 747-756.
- R.J. Immanuel, S.K. Panigrahi, G. Racineux and S. Marya, Investigation on the crashworthiness of ultrafine grained A356 sheets and validation of Hall-Petch relationship at high strain-rate deformation , Materials Science and Engineering: A (Elsevier), vol. 701, 2017, pp. 226–236.
- R. J. Immanuel and S. K. Panigrahi, Influence of initial microstructure on the microstructural stability and mechanical behavior of cryorolled A356 alloy subjected to annealing , Metallurgical and Materials Transaction: A (Springer), vol. 48A, 2017, pp. 3852–3868.