Jose Immanuel R.
Faculty-in-charge, Academic Affairs
Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Office: 206, Academic Block, IIT Bhilai
Phone: +91 9600983877
Areas of Research
- Material development for enhanced performance
Light weight alloys, Composite materials, High-entropy alloys and materials for extreme environment
- Development and Processing Routes
Severe Plastic Deformation (Cryo-rolling, Friction stir processing, multi-axial forging, accumulative roll bonding, etc.,), Additive Manufacturing, Stir-casting, Powder metallurgy
- Characterization studies
Microstructural analysis, Crystallographic texture, Deformation behavior, Tribological and corrosion performance, Machinability and formability
- M.S. & Ph.D., 2017, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, TN, India
- B.E. (Mechanical Engineering), 2012, University College of Engineering Panruti (Anna University), TN, India
- IC101 Digital Fabrication
- ME355 Mechanical Behaviour of Materials
- ME553 Advanced Materials and Processing
- ME554 Sensors in Manufacturing
- March 2018 - till date, Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai, CG, India
- September 2017 - March 2018, Post-Doctoral Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology Madras, TN, India
- March 2017 - September 2017, Institute Pre-Doctoral Fellow at Indian Institute of Technology Madras, TN, India
Awards & Recognitions
- Young Scientist award in the domain of Materials and Manufacturing under Engineering discipline, Venus International Research Awards, Annual Research Meet, 2018. (More info)
- Senior Research Associate Fellowship (Not availed) from CSIR, 2018
- Sri R Krishnamurthy Endowment Award for best Ph.D. project in the area of Surface Engineering, Tribology, Advanced Materials – composites, coatings and treatments for the year 2017, IIT Madras
- Institute Pre-doctoral Fellowship in IIT Madras, 2017
- G. Dan Sathiaraj, Werner Skrotzki, Aurimas Pukenas, Rolf Schaarschuch, R. Jose Immanuel, S.K. Panigrahi, J. Arout Chelvane and S.S. Satheesh Kumar, Effect of annealing on the microstructure and texture of cold rolled CrCoNi medium-entropy alloy , Intermetallics, Vol. 101, 2018, pp. 87-98.
- I Jaseem, P. Nageswara Rao, R.J. Immanuel, F. Khan MD, S.K. Panigrahi and M. Kamaraj, Synergetic effect of cryorolling and post-roll aging on simultaneous increase in wear resistance and mechanical properties of an Al-Cu alloy , Journal of Tribology (ASME), Vol. 140(6), 061607, 2018.
- R.J. Immanuel, S.K. Panigrahi, Deformation Behaviour of Ultrafine Grained A356 Material Processed by Cryorolling and Development of Johnson–Cook Model , Materials Science and Engineering: A (Elsevier) vol. 712, 2018, pp. 747-756.
- R.J. Immanuel, S.K. Panigrahi, G. Racineux and S. Marya, Investigation on the crashworthiness of ultrafine grained A356 sheets and validation of Hall-Petch relationship at high strain-rate deformation , Materials Science and Engineering: A (Elsevier), vol. 701, 2017, pp. 226–236.
- R. J. Immanuel and S. K. Panigrahi, Influence of initial microstructure on the microstructural stability and mechanical behavior of cryorolled A356 alloy subjected to annealing , Metallurgical and Materials Transaction: A (Springer), vol. 48A, 2017, pp. 3852–3868.