Department of Chemistry
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bhilai
Personal Group Page
Areas of Interest
- Crystal Engineering of Solid-state organic and metal-organic materials, Photo-chemistry, Photo-physics of Nonlinear optics
- PhD: National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore
- MSc: Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi, India
- CY7010: Physical Methods for Structure Determination (PhD Course)
- IC106: Chemistry Lab (BTech Course)
- Now: Assistant Professor at Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India.
- Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Inorganic and Metal-Organic Chemistry (AMC) ,Technical University of Munich, Germany.
- Alexandra von Humboldt Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Inorganic Chemistry-II (AC2), Ruhr-Universtät Bochum, Bochum, Germany.
- Visiting Research Fellow, Institute of Physical and Theoretical Chemistry, Wroclaw University of Technology, Wroclaw, Poland. Host: Prof. Marek Samoc
- Successfully selected for the "Humboldt Research Fellowship for Postdoctoral ResearchersAlexandra von Humboldt foundation".
- Outstanding student researcher award Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Sinagpore.
- President's Graduate Fellowship (PGF), for all the four years during the graduate studies National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore, (Only one scholarship is available per year, and I am the holder of it for all the four years of graduation).
- All India top in GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering). A national open competitive exam conducted by all the Indian Institute of Technologies (IITs) combinedly.
- Best research publication award, Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Sinagpore.
- Selected as “Young research fellow (YRF)” to present my work in ICCC-41 conference, Singapore.
- Best poster presenter award in 6th HOPE meeting with Nobel laureates.
- My work was selected to present in "The 6th-HOPE Meeting with Nobel Laureates", Tokyo, Japan by Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore. Travel grant was provided by JSPS.
- Shortlisted for coveted “Shyama Prasad Mukherjee (SPM) fellowship”, CSIR, India. (I am one among the 8 students, who have been shortlisted for this fellowship throughout India).
- Qualified for CSIR-Junior Research Fellowship - National Eligible Test (CSIR-JRF-NET). A national open competitive entrance exam organized by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and University Grant Commission (UGC) together.
Selected Publications(# denotes equal contribution, * denotes the corresponding authorship)
- R. Medishetty,# L. Nemec,# V. Nalla, S. Henke, M. Samoć, K. Reuter, R. A. Fischer. Multi-Photon Absorption in Metal-Organic Frameworks. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 56, 14743–14748 (2017). Impact factor:12.102 in 2017. link
- R. Medishetty,# J. K. Zaręba,# D. Mayer, M. Samoć and R. A. Fischer, Nonlinear Optical Properties, Upconversion and Lasing in Metal-Organic Frameworks. Chem. Soc. Rev., 46, 4976-5004 (2017). Impact factor: 40.182 in 2017. link
- R. Medishetty, V. Nalla, L. Nemec, S. Henke, D. Mayer, H. Sun, K. Reuter, R. A. Fischer, A New Class of Lasing Materials: Intrinsic Stimulated Emission from Nonlinear Optically Active Metal–Organic Frameworks. Adv. Mater., 29, 1605637 (2017). Impact factor: 21.95 in 2017. This work has been featured at Front cover page. link
- Medishetty, R., Tandiana, R., Wu, J., Bai, Z., Du, Y., & Vittal J. J., A Step-by-step Assembly of a 3D Coordination Polymer in the Solid State by Desolvation and [2+2] Cycloaddition Reaction. Chemistry - A European Journal, 21, 11948-11953 (2015) (HOT PAPER). The work has also been invited to be featured on the Frontispiece. link
- Medishetty, R., Ahmad, H., Bai, Z., Runčevski, T., Dinnebier, R. E., Pance N. & Vittal, J. J. Single Crystals Popping Under UV Light: A Photosalient Effect Triggered by a [2+2] Cycloaddition Reaction. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 53, 5907–5911 (2014) (HOT PAPER). Impact factor: 12.102 in 2017. The work has been invited to be featured on the Front cover page and also highlighted by Chemistry World and Nature middle east. link
- Park, I. –H.,# Medishetty, R.,# Kim, J.-Y., Lee, S. S. & Vittal, J. J. Distortional Supramolecular Isomers of Polyrotaxane Coordination Polymers: Photoreactivity and Sensing of Nitro Compounds. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 53 (22), 5591-5595 (2014). Impact factor: 12.102 in 2017. link
- Medishetty, R., Koh, L. L., Kole, G. K. & Vittal, J. J. Solid-State Structural Transformations from 2D Interdigitated Layers to 3D Interpenetrated Structures. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 50, 10949-10952 (2011). Impact factor: 12.102 in 2017. link
- R. Medishetty,* Z. Zhang, A. Sadlo, S. Cwik, D. Peeters, S. Henke, N. Mangayarkarasi, A. Devi.* Fabrication of zinc-dicarboxylate- and zinc-pyrazolate-carboxylate-framework thin films through vapour-solid deposition. Dalton Trans., DOI: 10.1039/C1038DT00352A (2018). link