Description of posts, scale of pay, age, essential qualifications and experience:
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Grade-I):
- Qualification: The candidate must have Ph.D. in a relevant area with first class or equivalent grades at the preceding degree and with consistently good academic record.
- Experience: Candidates must have at least three years of relevant teaching/ research/industrial experience as on date of the selection committee meeting. Candidates who do not possess the minimum experience requirement of three years, but having a minimum of one year of relevant post-Ph.D. experience, may be offered Assistant Professor (Grade-II) on contractual basis at Pay Level 10 or Pay Level 11 under 7th CPC.
- Age:Preferably below 35 years.
Additionally, allowances as applicable shall also be admissible.
- The candidates satisfying the requisite qualification and experience may apply online only. The applications received in response to the advertisement shall be scrutinized and only candidates shortlisted from valid applicants, on the basis of very good academic records desirably throughout first class from 10th onwards and quality of research/ relevant experience and any other criteria without compromising the minimum essential qualification/experience, shall be called for Seminar /interview.
- The candidates applying for the post of Professor/Associate Professor should have demonstrated leadership/capability and adequate experience of independent research/research in a specific area of specialization, as appropriate for the post applied for, in terms of guidance of masters and Ph.D. students, sponsored research, publications in reputed journals and referred conferences, patents, laboratory/course development and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
- Depending on the immediate teaching requirement of the Institute, an applicant called for interview for regular may be offered visiting faculty position for a period not exceeding two years. For such positions, selected candidates will be offered consolidated monthly remuneration and other benefits as per Institute norms.
- The Institute strongly encourages applications from qualified women and reserved category candidates.
- Without any compromise on qualification, experience and competence, reservation at entry level will be applicable as per G.O.I. norms. The candidates belonging to the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) are required to attach the caste/category/disability certificate in the format prescribed by Government of India. The Institute follows the central list in the case of SC/ST/OBC and PWD. GOI policy on reservation of faculty positions also include persons with physical disability.
- The pay carries all other allowances as admissible to a Central Government employee stationed at Raipur/Bhilai.
- The benefits, such as HRA (if Institute’s accommodation not provided), LTC, Medical re-imbursement, Transport Allowance, children education allowance/hostel subsidy, contribution towards New Pension Scheme (NPS), re-imbursement of Telephone expenses, Research initiation grant, financial support towards National and International conferences etc. shall be permitted as per the Institute norms.
- If a candidate is interested in applying to more than one department/position, she/he should submit separate application for each of the department/position of interest.
- This is a standing advertisement. Applications will be accepted throughout the year, and will be taken up for screening for interview from time to time.
- Recruitment, preferably will be based on the need in given area(s) of specialization within the department.
- The institute reserves the right to fill or not fill any or all of the advertised posts.
- Mere fulfilment of the qualifications and experience requirement does not entitle the candidate to be called for Seminar/Interview.
- Merely meeting the post-Ph.D. experience requirement for a post shall not guarantee the offer for that particular position/pay in respect of the selected candidates. A lower position/pay may also be offered.
- Applicants who are employed in Government, Semi-Government Organizations, autonomous bodies, PSUs must apply through proper channel and they must produce a "NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE" including a vigilance clearance and disciplinary clearance from their employer at the time of the seminar/interview. Failing which, such candidates shall not be allowed to attend the Recruitment process at IIT Bhilai.
Particulars of specializations required in each department
While the Institute shall be seeking applications of exceptionally bright candidates in all areas, a strong focus/need of the following areas shall be applicable for recruitment.
|1||Bio Science and Bio Medical Engineering (BSBME) :||Instrumentation in Biomedical engineering, BioMEMS and Biosensors, Biomechanics, Microbial Drug Resistance, Cancer Immunology, Artificial Organs and Tissue Engineering etc.|
|2||Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) :||Electronic Design, Microelectronics, and VLSI Design, Communication and Signal Processing, RF and Microwave etc.|
|3||Material Science and Metallurgical Engineering (MSME) :||Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Engineering, Ceramic engineering, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology etc.|
- IIT Bhilai reserves the right to focus on specific areas for its recruitments.
- In this cycle of recruitment, application for the post of Assistant Professor only, for the Departments of BSBME, ECE and MSME, will be considered.
- The closing date for receipt of the application for the post of Assistant Professor (Grade-I) for this cycle of recruitment, shall be 04.06.2023.