Description of posts, scale of pay, age, essential qualifications and experience:
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Grade-I):
- Qualification: The candidate must have Ph.D. in a relevant area with first class or equivalent grades at the preceding degree and with consistently good academic record.
- Experience: Candidates must have at least three years of relevant teaching/ research/industrial experience as on date of the selection committee meeting.
Candidates who do not possess the minimum experience requirement of three years may be offered the position of Assistant Professor (Grade-II) on contractual basis at Pay Level 10 or Pay Level 11 under 7th CPC based on the relevant post-Ph.D experience.
Additionally, allowances as applicable shall also be admissible.
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR:
- Qualification: The candidate must have Ph.D. with first class or equivalent grades at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout.
- Experience: A minimum of six years’ teaching/industry/ research experience of which 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor, Senior Scientific Officer/Senior Design Engineer in a research organization or industry.
- Age: Preferably below 45 years.
- Qualification: The candidate must have Ph.D. in a relevant area with consistently good academic record.
- Experience: a minimum of 10 years' teaching/industry/ research experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs.
- Age: Preferably below 55 years.
- The candidates applying for the post of professor/Associate Professor should have demonstrated leadership/capability and adequate experience of independent research/research in a specific area of specialization, as appropriate for the post applied for, in terms of guidance of masters and Ph.D. students, sponsored research, publications in reputed journals and referred conferences, patents, laboratory/course development and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
- Depending on the immediate teaching requirement of the Institute, an applicant called for interview for regular may be offered visiting faculty position for a period not exceeding two years. For such positions, selected candidates will be offered consolidated monthly remuneration and other benefits as per Institute norms.
- The Institute strongly encourages applications from qualified women and reserved category candidates.
- Without any compromise on qualification, experience and competence, reservation at entry level will be applicable as per G.O.I. norms. The candidates belonging to the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) are required to attach the caste/category certificate in the format prescribed by Government of India. The Institute follows the central list in the case of SC/ST/OBC and PWD. GOI policy on reservation of faculty positions also include persons with physical disability.
- The pay carries all other allowances as admissible to a Central Government employee stationed at Raipur/Bhilai.
- The benefits, such as HRA (if Institute’s accommodation not provided), LTC, Medical re-imbursement, Transport Allowance, children education allowance/hostel subsidy, contribution towards New Pension Scheme (NPS), re-imbursement of Telephone expenses, Research initiation grant, financial support towards National and International conferences etc. shall be permitted as per the Institute norms.
- If a candidate is interested in applying to more than one department, she/he should submit separate application for each of the department of interest.
- This is a standing advertisement. Applications will be accepted throughout the year, and will be taken up for screening for interview from time to time.
- Recruitment will be based on the need in given areas within the department.
- The institute reserves the right to fill or not fill any or all of the advertised posts.
- Mere fulfilment of the qualifications and experience requirement does not entitle the candidate to be called for an interview.
- Merely meeting the post-Ph.D. experience requirement for a post shall not guarantee the offer for the position and an offer of a lower position or no position at all may be made.
- Applicants who are employed in Government, Semi-Government Organizations, autonomous bodies, PSUs will be required to produce a "NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE" including a vigilance clearance and disciplinary clearance from their employer at the time of the interview.
Particulars of specializations required in each department
While the Institute shall be seeking applications of exceptionally bright candidates in all areas, the following areas are of strong focus currently.
|1||Chemistry :||Electrochemistry; Molecular Biology.|
|2||Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) :|| Discipline CSE: Computer Systems including Software Engineering, Operating System, Compilers etc.; High Performance Computing including Cloud Computing, Parallel processing, Distributed Computing etc., embedded computing. |
Discipline EE: Control System; Power System and Power Electronics; Instrumentation, Microelectronics, Circuits and VLSI Design; Signal Processing; Communications, RF and Microwaves; Speech Processing; Electric Vehicles.
Discipline DSAI: Data Science including Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Soft Computing, Data Management, Big Data, Data Analytics, Computer Graphics, Natural Language Processing etc.
|3||Liberal Arts :||Economics; Literature and Linguistics; Psychology; Entrepreneurship.|
|4||Mathematics :||Operation Research; Numerical Analysis; Algebra; Theoretical Computer Science; Analysis; Probability and Statistics; Topology.|
|5||Mechanical Engineering :|| Mechatronics: Robotics and control, Automation, Micro/Nano electro-mechanical system, Application of AI/IoT in mechanical system, etc. |
Electric vehicle technology: Thermal management, Vehicle dynamics, Structural design, etc.
Design: Dynamics, Continuum Mechanics, Tribology, Biomechanics, Smart Materials, etc.
Manufacturing: Laser based manufacturing processes, AI-assisted manufacturing, etc.
Thermal and fluid engineering: Turbulence, Energy, Combustion, Computational methods etc.
|6||Physics :||Astronomy and Astrophysics, Condensed Matter Physics, High Energy Physics, Quantum Information and Quantum Computation.|
Note: IIT Bhilai reserves the right to focus on specific areas for its recruitments.