Dr. Sanjib Banerjee
Reseaerch Group Page
- Polymer Chemistry
- Bio-inspired Macromolecules
- Nano-engineered Molecular Materials
- Stimuli-responsive Materials
- PhD: Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, India
- MSc (Chemistry): University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India
- BSc (Chemistry): Scottish Church College, Kolkata, India
- CY609: Chemistry of Materials (Ph.D. course, 2018-19 Winter Semester)
- IC601: Research Methodology (M.Tech./Ph.D. course, 2018-19 Winter Semester)
- CY200: Smart Functional Materials (B.Tech. course, 2018-19 Winter Semester)
- IC106: Chemistry Lab (B.Tech. course, 2018-19 Winter Semester)
- CY602: Macromolecular Chemistry (Ph.D. course, 2018-19 Monsoon Semester)
- IC601: Research Methodology (M.Tech./Ph.D. course, 2018-19 Monsoon Semester)
- IC103: Materials Chemistry-I (B.Tech. course, 2018-19 Monsoon Semester)
- IC106: Chemistry Lab (B.Tech. course, 2018-19 Monsoon Semester)
- CY7030: Macromolecular Chemistry (Ph.D. course, 2017-18 Winter Semester)
- CY1020: Applied Chemistry-I (B.Tech. course, 2017-18 Winter Semester)
- CY1021: Applied Chemistry-II (B.Tech. course, 2017-18 Winter Semester)
- Faculty-in-charge, Research & Development
- Convener, Institute's Innovation Council
- Nov, 2017-till date: Assistant Professor at Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai, Raipur, India.
- Jun, 2017-Oct, 2017: Ramanujan Fellow at CSIR-National Institute for the Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST), Thiruvananthapuram, India.
- Jan, 2017-May, 2017: Research Scientist at Solvay.
- 2015-2016: Post-doctoral Research Associate at Ecole Nationale Superieure de Chimie de Montpellier, France.
- 2013-2015: Post-doctoral Research Associate at University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA.
Awards and Accolades
- Selected as one of the "Polymer Chemistry Emerging Investigators-2020" by Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Ramanujan Fellowship Award by SERB, India in 2016.
- Post-doctoral Fellowship from French National Agency (ANR grant FLUPOL), 2015-2016.
- Selected as one of the YIM-Young Investigator-2014 by Young Investigator Meeting-Boston held at MIT, Boston, USA.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship from University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA, 2013-2015.
- Best poster award, Symposium in Polymer, & Rubber Technology for 21st Century 2012, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India.
- Best speaker award, 2nd prize in National Seminar Competition for Research Scholars in POLYMER QUEST 2011, IIT-Kharagpur, India.
- Best poster award, Symposium on Polymer Science 2011, IISER-Kolkata, India.
- Qualified CSIR-NET (Chemical Sciences) (Top 20%); Recipient of Junior (2007) and Senior (2009) Research Fellowships.
- Qualified GATE (Chemistry), 2007.
- S. Banerjee, V. Ladmiral, A. Debuigne, C. Detrembleur, R. Poli* and B. Ameduri* Organometallic Mediated Radical Polymerization of Vinylidene Fluoride, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 2934-2937. link
- S. Banerjee*, J. Schmidt, Y. Talmon, H. Hori, T. Asai and B. Ameduri* A Degradable Fluorinated Surfactant for Emulsion Polymerization of Vinylidene Fluoride, Chem. Commun. 2018, 54, 11399-11402. link
- S. Banerjee*, Y. Patil, O. Gimello and B. Ameduri* Well-defined multiblock poly(vinylidene fluoride) and block copolymers thereof: A missing piece of the architecture puzzle, Chem. Commun. 2017, 53, 10910-10913. link
- S. Banerjee*, M. Wehbi, A. Manseri, A. Mehdi, A. Alaaeddine, A. Hachem and B. Ameduri* Poly(vinylidene fluoride) Containing Phosphonic Acid as Anti-Corrosion Coating for Steel ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2017, 9, 6433-6443. link
- S. Banerjee*, Y. Patil, T. Ono and B. Ameduri* Synthesis of ?-Iodo and Telechelic Diiodo Vinylidene Fluoride-based (Co)polymers by Iodine Transfer Polymerization Initiated by an Innovative Persistent Radical Macromolecules 2017, 50, 203-214. link
- S. Banerjee*, I. Domenichelli and B. Ameduri* Nitroxide-Mediated Alternating Copolymerization of Vinyl Acetate with tert-Butyl-2-trifluoromethacrylate Using a SG1-Based Alkoxyamine, ACS Macro Lett. 2016, 5, 1232-1236. link
- S. Banerjee, R. Tripahy, D. Cozzens, T. Nagy, S. Keki, M. Zsuga and R. Faust* Photoinduced Smart, Self-healing Polymer Sealant for Photovoltaics. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2015, 7, 2064-2072. link
- S. Banerjee, T. K. Paira, A. Kotal and T. K. Mandal* Surface-Confined Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization from Sacrificial Mesoporous Silica Nanospheres for preparing Mesoporous Polymer/Carbon Nanospheres with Faithful Shape Replication: Functional Mesoporous Materials. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2012, 22, 4751–4762. link
- S. Banerjee, T. K. Paira and T. K. Mandal* Surface-Confined Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization: Access to Custom Library of Polymer-Based Hybrid Materials for Specialty Applications. Polym. Chem. 2014, 5, 4153–4167. link