Department of Chemistry
Indian Institute of Technology, Bhilai
Tel: +91 7003196388
Areas of Interest
- Halide perovskites, hierarchical oxide architectures for solar-cells, Functionalized nanoparticles for light driven multifunctional applications
- Conductive carbon based composites, polymer based hybrid composites and rheology
- PhD (2013), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- MSc (2009), Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- CY7040: Nanostructured Materials: Synthesis, Properties and Characterizations (Winter Semester, 2018)
- CY1022: Functional Materials
- December/2017 onwards: Deptartment of Chemistry, Indian Institue of Technology (IIT) Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India.
- June/2015-November/2017: Dean of Faculty-Post doctoral Scholar, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel. (Host: Prof. David Cahen and Prof. Gary Hodes, Dept. of Materials and Interfaces)
- May,2013-May,2015: Post doctoral scholar, University of Nevada, Reno, USA. (Host: Prof. Ravi Subramanian, Dept. of Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- Academic Visitor (August/2017): Bar-Ilan University, Israel.
- Academic Visitor (January/2017): Institute of Molecular Science (ICMol), University of Valencia, Spain.
- Academic Visitor (June/2016): Clarendon Laboratory, Department of Physics, University of Oxford, London.
Honors & Awards
- “Best Poster Presentation Award”, 35th IVS Conference, 10th September, 2017, Israel.
- “Dean of Faculty” postdoctoral fellowship at Weizmann Institute of Science, 2016, Israel.
- QHQC Award, summer workshop on ‘New Concepts of Quantum Solar Energy Conversion and Photovoltaics (Quantsol)’, 2016, Hirschegg, Austria.
- Qualified CSIR-NET; Recipient of “Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Fellowship" (Junior-2009 and Senior-2011 Research Fellow).
- Qualified GATE, 2009 (rank-18)
- S. Gupta, T. Bendikov, G. Hodes, D. Cahen, “CsSnBr3, a lead-free halide perovskite for long-term solar cell application: Insights on SnF2 addition”, ACS Energy Lett, 2016, 1, 1028−1033.
- M Kulbak*, S. Gupta*, N. Kedem, I. Levine, T. Bendikov, G. Hodes, D. Cahen, “Cesium Enhances Long-Term Stability of Lead Bromide Perovskite-Based Solar Cells” J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2016, 7, 167-172. (Equal Author Contribution)
- S. Gupta, V. Subramanian, “Encapsulating Bi2Ti2O7 (BTO) with Reduced Graphene Oxide (RGO): An Effective Strategy to Enhance Photocatalytic and Photoelectrocatalytic activity of BTO” ACS Appl. Mater. and Interfaces, 6, 2014, 18597−18608.
- I. Levine, S. Gupta, T. M. Brenner, D. Azulay, O. Millo, G. Hodes , D. Cahen, I. Balberg, “Mobility-Lifetime products in MAPbI3 films”, J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2016, 7, 5219-5226.
- A. Zohar, I. levine, S. Gupta, O. Davidson, D. Azulay, O. Millo, I. Balberg ,G. Hodes, David Cahen, “What is the Mechanism of MAPbI3 p-doping by I2? Insights from optoelectronic properties”, ACS Energy Letters, 2017, 2, 2408–2414.
- Y. Rakita, S. Gupta, D. Cahen, G. Hodes, “Metal to Halide Perovskite (HaP): an Alternative Route to HaP Coating Directly from Pb(0) or Sn(0) films”, Chem. Mater, 2017, 29 (20), 8620–8629.
- Y. Rakita, N. Kedem, S. Gupta, A. Sadhanala, V. Kalchenko, M. L. Böhm, M. Kulbak, R. H. Friend, D. Cahen G. Hodes, “Low-Temperature Solution-Grown CsPbBr3 Single Crystals and Their Characterization”, Crystal Growth and Design, 2016, 16, 5717–5725.
- S. Gupta, P. C. Ramamurthy and G. Madras, “Synthesis and characterization of flexible epoxy nanocomposites reinforced with amine functionalized alumina nanoparticles: A potential encapsulant for organic devices”- Polymer Chemistry, 2011, 2, 221-228.
- B. Mukherjee*, S. Gupta*, A. Peterson, H. Imahori, A. Manivannan and V. Subramanian, “Multifunctional aspects of a layered architecture made of CdS–reduced graphene oxide (RGO)-ZnO with improved photo (electro) catalytic properties”, Chem Eu. J., 2014, 20, 10456-10465. (*Equal Author Contribution)
- S. Gupta, L. D. Leon, V. Subramanian, “Mn-modified Bi2Ti2O7 photocatalysts: bandgap engineered multifunctional photocatalysts for hydrogen generation”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2014, 16, 12719 – 12727.
- P. Pathak*, S. Gupta*, K. Grosulak, V. R. Subramanian, “Nature-Inspired Tree-Like TiO2 Architecture: A 3D Platform for the Assembly of CdS and Reduced Graphene Oxide for Photoelectrochemical Processes”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2015, 119, 7543–7553. (*Equal Author Contribution; Selected as Cover page of the Journal)
- P. Pathak*, S. Gupta*, A. Resende, V. R. Subramanian, “A one-pot strategy for coupling chalcogenides with 1D oxides for solar applications”, J. Mater Chem A, 2015, 3, 24297-24302. (*Equal Author Contribution; Selected as Cover page of the Journal)
- T. Umeyama, D. Matano, J. Beak, S. Gupta, S. Ito, V. Subramanian, H. Imahori, “Boosting of the Performance of Organic Perovskite Solar Cells through Systematic Introduction of Reduced Graphene Oxide in TiO2 layers” Chemistry Letters, 2015, 44, 1410-1412.
- J. Selvaraj, S. Gupta, S. Delacruz, V. Subramanian, “Role of Reduced Graphene Oxide in the Critical Components of a CdS-Sensitized TiO2-Based Photoelectrochemical Cell”- Chem. Phys. Chem., 2014, 15, 2010-2018. (Invited article on special issue – ‘Electrochemical Energy Conversion’, Selected as a Cover Page of the Journal).
- B. Ragsdale, S. Gupta, K. Konrad, S. Delacruz, V. R. Subramanian, “The role of bismuth based band-gap engineered oxides for photocatalytic degradation of organic pollutants: New insights from electrochemistry”, Applied Catalysis B Environmental, 2016, 180, 442–450.
- P. Pathak, S. Gupta, V. R. Subramanian, “Method for coupling chalcogenides with oxides for solar applications” US Patent filed, Application No: 15/558,984; International application No: PCT/US2016/022492; International publication No: WO 2016/149281 A1. (Tech ID UNR15-013).
- P. C. Ramamurthy, S. Gupta, S. Sindhu, G. Madras, S. Raghavan, A. Chaudhary, “A layered barrier material and a process thereof”, Indian Patent Filed, Patent Application Number - 3301/CHE/2013; Application Date - 24/07/2013.
- P. C Ramamurthy, S. Gupta, G. Madras, “A method for measuring ultra low permeability of encapsulating materials”, Indian Patent Filed, Patent Application Number - 1651/CHE/2012; Application Date - 27/04/2012.