Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Bhilai
Tel: +91 7048971450 (O)
Areas of Interest
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Thermal Comfort (Indoor/Outdoor)
- Continuous Casting
- Personal Cooling/Heating Systems
- Thermal Protection and Protective Clothing
- Bio-heat Transfer and Skin Burn Injuries
- Inverse Heat Transfer
- Heat Transfer through Fabrics and Clothing-Environment Interaction
- Nature-inspired Optimization Algorithms
- Convection/Radiation Heat Transfer in Porous Mediums
- Ph.D., 2017, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi, India
- M.Tech., 2012, National Institute of Technology Calicut, Kerala, India
- B.Tech., 2010, G B Pant Engineering College, Pauri-Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India
- Jun 2018 - Currently: Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai, CG, India
- Jun 2017 - June 2018: Post doctoral Research Associate at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- ME 512: Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- ME 513: Convective Heat Transfer
- ME 213: Heat and Mass Transfer
- ME 798: Computational Fluid Dynamics (Independent Study)
- ME 798: Building Environment and Energy Conservation (Independent Study)
- ME 798: Human Body Thermoregulation & Bio-heat Transfer (Independent Study)
- Y Ke, Udayraj, Z Li, F Wang. Hot plates and thermal manikins for evaluating clothing thermal comfort. Protective Clothing and Equipment used for firefighter: Performance, Protection and Comfort. Editors: G Song and F Wang. Taylor & Francis (CRC Press), 2018 (ISBN: 978-1-49-874273-3).
- F Wang, Udayraj. Human wear trials for assessing comfort performance of firefighter protective clothing. Protective Clothing and Equipment used for firefighter: Performance, Protection and Comfort. Editors: G Song and F Wang. Taylor & Francis (CRC Press), 2018 (ISBN: 978-1-49-874273-3).
- Z Kang, F Wang, Udayraj. An advanced three-dimensional thermoregulation model of the human body: Development and validation. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 107, 34-43, 2019.
- Udayraj, F Wang, W Song, Y Ke, P Xu, C S W Chow, N Noor. Performance enhancement of hybrid personal cooling clothing in a hot environment: PCM cooling energy management with additional insulation. Ergonomics, 62 (7), 928-939, 2019.
- Udayraj, P Talukdar, A Das, R Alagirusamy. Design and development of a test method for analyzing protective performance of gloves exposed to radiant heat based on CFD analysis. Heat Transfer Engineering 40 (1-2), 95-108, 2019.
- Z Kang*, Udayraj*, X Wan*, F Wang. A new hybrid personal cooling system (HPCS) incorporating insulation pads for thermal comfort management: Experimental validation and parametric study. Building and Environment, 145, 276-289, 2018. * These authors contributed equally to this work.
- Udayraj, Z Li, Y Ke, F Wang, B Yang. Personal cooling strategies to improve thermal comfort in warm indoor environments: comparison of a conventional desk fan and air ventilation clothing. Energy and Buildings, 174, 439-451, 2018.
- Udayraj, Z Li, Y Ke, F Wang, B Yang. A study of thermal comfort enhancement using three energy-efficient personalized heating strategies at two low indoor temperatures. Building and Environment, 143, 1-14, 2018.
- X Wan, F Wang, Udayraj. Numerical analysis of cooling effect of hybrid cooling clothing incorporated with phase change material (PCM) packs and air ventilation fans. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 126, 636-648, 2018.
- Udayraj, F Wang. A three-dimensional conjugate heat transfer model for thermal protective clothing. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 130, 28–46, 2018.
- Udayraj, P Talukdar, A Das, R Alagirusamy, Numerical investigation of the effect of air gap orientations and heterogeneous air gap in thermal protective clothing on skin burn. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 121, 313-321, 2017.
- Udayraj, P Talukdar, A Das, R Alagirusamy. Numerical modeling of heat transfer and fluid motion in air gap between clothing and human body: Effect of air gap orientation and body movement. International Journal of Heat and Mass transfer, 108, 271-291, 2017.
- Udayraj, P Talukdar, A Das, R Alagirusamy. Effect of structural parameters on thermal protective performance and comfort characteristic of fabrics. The Journal of The Textile Institute, 108 (8), 1430-1441, 2017.
- Udayraj, S Chakraborty, S Ganguly, E Z Chacko, S K Ajmani, P Talukdar. Estimation of surface heat flux in continuous casting mould with limited measurement of temperature. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 118, 435-447, 2017.
- Udayraj, P Talukdar, A Das, R Alagirusamy. Development of correlations and artificial neural network models to predict second-degree burn time for thermal-protective fabrics. The Journal of The Textile Institute, 108, 260-270, 2017.
- Udayraj, P Talukdar, A Das, R Alagirusamy. Heat and mass transfer through thermal protective clothing: A review. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 106, 32-56, 2016.
- Udayraj, P Talukdar, A Das, R Alagirusamy. Simultaneous estimation of thermal conductivity and specific heat of thermal protective fabrics using experimental data of high heat flux exposure. Applied Thermal Engineering, 107, 785–796, 2016.
- Udayraj, P Talukdar, A Das, R Alagirusamy. Estimation of radiative properties of thermal protective clothing. Applied Thermal Engineering, 100, 788–797, 2016.
- Udayraj, K Mulani, P Talukdar, A Das, R Alagirusamy. Performance analysis and feasibility study of Ant Colony Optimization, Particle Swarm Optimization and Cuckoo Search algorithms for inverse heat transfer problems. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 89, 359-378, 2015.
- Udayraj, P Talukdar, R Alagirusamy, A Das. Heat transfer analysis and second degree burn prediction in human skin exposed to flame and radiant heat using dual phase lag phenomenon. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 78, 1068-1079, 2014.
- Md. Ateeque, Udayraj, R K Mishra, V P Chandramohan, P Talukdar. Numerical modeling of convective drying of food with spatially dependent transfer coefficient in a turbulent flow field. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 78, 145-157, 2014.